Green Surf Brain Hat - with nylon chin strap
Everyone who’s surfed for a while has had their bell rung by their board or another surfer’s board. The surf brain protects your face and eyes from the sun and helps protect your brain from kooks dropping in on you. While the Surf Brain is technically a bump cap and should not be used as a substitute for a helmet, it can help reduce the impact of a board in crowded lineups or give you more confidence when surfing alone. Featuring a removable plastic insert and constructed of hydrophobic quick-dry nylon, the Surf Brain is perfect for most water sports.
There are 2 models:
This is listing is for the elastic chin strap version. It's intended use is for smaller, cleaner surf conditions where you’re not getting pummeled by waves. The elastic chin strap is comfortable and minimal in appearance, but with enough force, the hat will get knocked off your head. Fortunately, the elastic strap will often remain looped around your neck. The plastic shell also floats for easy retrieval.
The nylon chin strap version is for heavier surf conditions and features a bicycle helmet-style chin strap. This version is very secure and can not be pushed off your head.
- Adjustable elastic chin strap and webbing buckle in the back for a customized fit.
- Adjustable nylon chin strap and webbing buckle in the back for a customized fit.
- Hydrophobic quick-dry nylon, laser cut holes for maximum air and water flow, 3-inch brim for sun protection.
- Removable Impact Shell and EVA foam lining for extra protection.
- Size Medium - Large. Fits head circumferences of 21 inches to 23 inches. The plastic shell may not fit comfortably on larger heads.
- Great for surfing crowded lineups, Reef Breaks, SUP / Paddle Boarding, Foil Surfing, Kitesurfing, Kiteboarding, Wakeboarding, Sailing, Water-skiing, Etc.
- Warning: The Surf Brain is not certified under any CSPC helmet standard. It is not a helmet, but, rather is a Surf “Bump Cap” intended to provide minimal protection from blows to the head area while participating in water sports.
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price